1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy-bottom stock pot.
2. Cook the onion, garlic, and dill* until the onion is soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the carrot and celery, and continue to cook on medium-low heat, until the vegetables are tender, 5 minutes.
4. Add the cabbage and a generous pinch of salt, and cook, stirring often, until the cabbage is soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the butternut squash, tomatoes, and broth and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat, add salt to taste, and simmer 30 minutes to 1 hour until the squash is tender.
6. Add the cooked quinoa. Taste and adjust salt.
7. Add freshly ground pepper. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.
*Note: If using fresh dill instead of dried, add the dill at the end of the cooking process.