- One package of farro (12 or 14 oz)
- 10+ garlic scapes, chopped into small pieces (if you like garlic, add more)
- one medium leek, cleaned and sliced into small pieces
- one large tomato diced or an entire package of cherry/grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- one large cucumber or 2 or 3 pickling cucumbers peeled and sliced into small pieces
- 4 oz fat free feta cheese crumbles
- medium bunch of chives, chopped into small pieces
- medium bunch of basil, shredded
- 2 tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Cook farro according to package directions. Drain any remaining water and set aside to cool. To expedite cooling process, run under cold water and drain.
Once the farro reaches roughly room temperature, mix in all the chopped veggies and herbs.
You can either mix the vinegar and oil separately in a dish and then combine, or add both on top once the other ingredients are mixed together. Once veggies, herbs, and dressing are in the farro, toss thoroughly to combine.
Add feta at the end, mixed in or on top.
Serve at room temperature; also very tasty when chilled. Keeps in the fridge for several days.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe by Customer Kate S.