Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake tins.
For the muffins:
1. Whisk together the flours, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
2. In another mixing bowl, whisk the date syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil until incorporated. Add in the eggs and bananas and whisk until combined. Finally, fold in the carrots.
3. Pour half of the flour mixture into date mixture and whisk until combined. Add in the buttermilk and stir. Finally, add the remaining flour mixture until everything is incorporated and you are left with a thick batter.
4. Evenly distribute the batter between 12 cupcake tins (they should end up about 3/4 full) and bake for 20 minutes or until golden on the top.
5. Remove from oven and let cool.
For the ganache:
1. Use an electric mixer to mix all the ingredients until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Spread over muffins and enjoy!