1. Cook lentils first. Heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and greens and cook until the greens are softened.
2. While the veggies are cooking combine the mashed lentils, carrot, nuts or seeds, eggs, soy sauce, and herbs in a large bowl.
3. Add the cooked veggies and combine thoroughly. Add cracker or bread crumbs until the mixture is no longer wet. It should be as dry as you can get it while still able to hold together easily.
4. Wipe out the skillet you used to cook the veggies. Form mixture into patties of desired size.
5. Heat the other Tbsp. of oil on medium heat. Add as many patties as will fit and sauté for a few minutes on each side. You want the egg to cook and the patties to heat through. Add a bit more oil if you have to cook multiple batches. The patties should be nicely browned on both sides.
Serve immediately with desired condiments and toppings. Recommended: English muffins.