1. Cover the saltfish in cold water. Let soak overnight (minimum 8 hours) changing the water several times (this removes most of the salt)
2. Bring a pan of cold water to the boil and gently simmer the fish for 20 minutes (until the fish is tender).
3. Chop the onion, sweet pepper, chilli pepper and tomato whilst waiting for the fish to cook.
4. Wash the Callaloo in a pot of water and drain thoroughly.
5. Remove the fish from water and allow to cool. Remove all of bones and skin then flake the flesh
6. Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the onion, black pepper, sweet pepper, chilli and thyme. Fry for about 5 minutes.
7. Add the callaloo and half a cup of water, cover and steam for 15 minutes
8. Add the tomatoes and flaked fish and steam for another 10 minutes until tender and flavors are well combined. Serve hot.