Image credit to: Boston Organics
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place zucchini-noodles in a colander and sprinkle with salt, layering between paper towels. Let this sit and absorb moisture while preparing the quinoa.
2. Combine quinoa, vegetable broth, tomato sauce, onion and oregano in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat, simmering for 20 minutes. When quinoa has absorbed all the liquid, fold in cream cheese and herbs.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste, and try not to eat the whole pot.
4. Pour enough of marinara in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish to cover the bottom.
5. Using a clean dry towel, blot remaining moisture and salt from zucchini and layer 4 noodles across the sauce. Put a layer of quinoa across the zucchini, and cover with another 1/3 cup of marinara sauce.
6. Repeat with another layer of quinoa, sauce and zucchini.
7. Top the final layer of zucchini with remaining sauce and 1/2 cup of cheese, if using. Bake lasagna for 30 minutes, until heated through and zucchini is tender.