1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 8×5-inch loaf pan.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and ground cloves into a medium bowl.
3. In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs. Add in flour mixture (from medium bowl) alternately with cider- about half at a time, and mix just until combined.
4. In a small bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Stir into the batter.
5. Scoop batter into the prepared pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for at least 20 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and let cool completely. The muffins should keep for several days covered or wrapped well.