bake Sweet potatoes
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them 1/4 inch thick. On a baking sheet, toss them with salt and olive oil. Cover with foil.
2. Put the baking sheet into a cold oven (this is important, as the gradual rise in temperature helps bring out the sweet potato flavors). Turn on the oven to 450°F. Bake for about 30 min. until dark orange and soft.
3. Uncover, and bake for about 15 more minutes or until they get quite dark and caramelized, flip them and bake until the other side is done as well.
Cook Veggies and Add Quinoa
1. In the meantime in a medium pot, heat olive oil, and sautee onion. Add the garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Cook until sizzling and fragrant. Add the greens ( or child-friendly vegetables) and stir until wilted.
2. Add the Quinoa to the pot along with 3 cups stock or salted water. Simmer under a lid until all the liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork, season to taste and add the olive oil or butter as well.
3. A squeeze of lemon is always good. Put the Quinoa on a platter, top with the sweet potatoes. Serve with some chutney, yogurt, and cucumbers.