- 8 large eggs plus 2 large egg whites
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, coarsely grated (1 cup)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with rack set in top third. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, and half the cheese; season with salt and pepper. In a medium cast-iron or nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium. Add egg mixture; while it cooks, 1 to 2 minutes until edge is set, arrange apples on top in a circular pattern, starting from the outside edge, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Bake until frittata is set in the center and cheese is browned, about 20 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, release frittata onto a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes. Cut into wedges, and serve.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart