It is the last week of June. The warm weather and persistent rains have paid off. Look at this week’s luscious local box! Your boxes are filled with every shade of green. You’ll be happy eaters knowing how full of nutrients these tasty items are.
Fennel is a true gift of the season. This licorice-flavored bulb makes for elegant dishes. Slice it into thin strips or shred it with a mandolin for a more delicate bite. Try using fennel with tomatoes and seafood or put it in a cous cous salad. Use the long, vibrant fronds as garnish. If you have a yummy fennel recipe that you would like to share feel free to post it on our Facebook page or tweet it to us @BostonOrganics!
This week’s Dogma Box includes:
- Fennel – Enterprise Farm (Deerfield, MA)
- Shelling Peas - Lakeside Organics (Hadley, MA)
- Chives - Happy Valley Organics (Whately, MA)
- Zucchini - Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Pickling Cucumbers - Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Red Lead Lettuce - Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Chard - Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Kale - Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Calaloo – Atlas Farm (S. Deerfield, MA)
- Bok Choy - Picadilly Farm (Winchester, NH)
Here are some recipes we recommend for this week’s Dogma Box. These utilize many of the produce items that you’re receiving!