- 1 pound of parsnips. Cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped but don’t try too hard cuz we’re gonna blitz them with the immersion blender anyway.
- 4 cloves of garlic, squashed and diced.
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cups of veg stock (or whatever stock is on hand)
- salt & pepper
Sautee down your onion and garlic a bit, add bay leaf, turmeric and curry until everything’s yellow. Then add parsnips and stock. Bubble away for like 40 minutes. Add salt & pepper, adjust curry/turmeric as needed, and remove the bay leaf. Then throw everything in a blender and marvel at how awesome your kitchen smells.