- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 large shallots, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces ground white turkey meat, broken into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 4 cups Field Day Organic Vegetable Broth
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice, drained
- 1 cup Lundberg Organic Short Grain Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 small bunch kale, coarsely chopped (about 4 packed cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, carrots and bell pepper and saute, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to brown and soften slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the ground turkey and stir until the meat turns white and begins to color very slightly around the edges, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the herbes de Provence and stir, 1 minute.
Add 4 cups broth, tomatoes and rice. Bring to a boil. Stir in the kale and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and the freshly ground black pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Ladle the soup into bowls. Sprinkle each serving with parsley and Parmesan and serve.
Recipe Adapted from Giada at Home (Food Network)