Image credit to: Boston Organics
- 1 block Vermont Soy Firm Organic Tofu, pressed
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar or honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 4-6 cups fresh or veggies (carrots, broccoli, onion, peppers, spinach, summer squash, bok choy, etc.)
To press tofu, place block of tofu on cookie sheet, cover with foil, and weigh it down with a heavy pan. Let press for about 1/2 hour, and add a few more pounds of weight - cans of beans or veggies work great. Let press for at least another 1/2 hour. This will drastically improve the texture of your tofu.
Cut tofu into small (1/4 in) cubes and place in sealable container.
Mix remaining ingredients except canola oil well, and pour over tofu. Stir or shake to coat. Marinate tofu at least 2 hours, or overnight, mixing at least once.
Heat a wok or large frying pan with 2 Tbsp canola oil. Add tofu (reserving liquid) and cook over high heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add veggies as desired and remaining liquid. Cook, stirring often, until veggies are just cooked through.
Serve with rice or noodles.
Tested and Approved by Boston Organics (Brittany Roberts)