- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 hakurei turnips, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- A few dashes Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the sliced cucumbers in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let them sit for about 20 minutes to get rid of any excess moisture. Mix together with the sliced turnips.
2. While the cucumbers drain, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds and pepper to taste.
3. Pour the vinaigrette over the combined cucumbers and turnips and stir to combine. Refridgerate until ready to serve.
Serves about 4
Recipe adapted from Elly Says Opa