- 1/2 cup finely chopped garlic scapes
- 1 cup chopped Swiss Chard leaves
- 1/4 cup dry roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add the scapes, swiss chard, almonds, cheese and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Process to desired consistency. While running, drizzle the olive oil in a thin stream down the shoot and into the food processor.
Spoon pesto onto hot, cooked pasta and stir until combined. Alternatively, this can be used as a spread on bread (for sandwiches, with fresh mozzarella or just eating).
Adapted from Tablespoon