- 1/2 pounds rutabagas, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Cook rutabagas in large pot of boiling salted water 2 minutes. Add carrots and cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Drain.
Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat. Add lemon juice, honey, and peel. Bring to boil. Add vegetables; cook until glazed, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Mix in fresh chives.
Bon Appetit, November 2001